I was desperate one night for a treat. I had none! I racked my brain trying to figure out what to make. Slowly an idea formed in my brain, starting with cream cheese. I used to make Truffles, but the heavy cream doesn’t agree with me at all. So it couldn’t be Truffles. Add to this, whatever I could concoct had to be a quick and easy treat that would satisfy my cravings. Which sometimes means, no baking. I’m also trying to cut back on sugar so it had to be sugar free. Thus this creation! Sugar free, gluten free, easy to make, bake free, and delectable.
In hot countries you’ll probably need to keep them in the freezer, otherwise they can be left in the fridge in an air tight container.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Truffles w Walnuts (optional)
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese room temp
- 4 Tbsp Coco Powder
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Xylitol
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut Opt for sugar free
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts - Optional As you can see in pictures, other ingredients could be substituted or omitted completely
- In mixing bowl add cream cheese. Once smooth add maple syrup, xylitol, vanilla extract. Mix till well incorporated.
- Add Coco powder and stir into mixture slowly.
- Add walnuts. Stir well.
- Using two (2) spoons scoop out mixture about the size of golf balls. Put in freezer for 30 min.
- Remove from freezer and gently but quickly roll in coconut. Return to freezer for another 30 minutes. The slight "white" on the truffles is from being frozen. Once you set them out to room temp for a few minutes the white goes away when they start to warm up a bit. Even if you put them in an airtight container, the truffles still have a tendency to get "white" on them, which is frozen crystals in truffles.