This is an amazing sauce that can be made in large batches and used in several different recipes, including my Chicken and Broccoli pasta. Quick to make in a pinch or to have on hand, either way this is a recipe you’ll be making often.
If you omit the water from the pasta it is a rich and creamy dip for veggies or pizzetti, which are small fried pieces of pizza dough. Delicious!!!!
Artichoke and Asiago Sauce
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 Cup Artichoke hearts, diced Make sure to remove any tough outer layer from the artichokes. Opt for artichokes preserved in oil
- 1/2 Cup Asiago Cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tsp Parsley, chopped optional and use only for sauce
- 1 tsp (aprox) olive oil optional and use only for sauce
- Lightly pat artichokes from excess oil and chop into small pieces. Grate asiago cheese.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, garlic, artichoke hearts, asiago cheese and mix well. Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper and stir. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Let rest for min 30 minutes before using. If making a dip omit the parsley and olive oil
- SAUCE - use 1 cup of dip with 1/2 cup reserved pasta water, finishing with olive oil and parsley